Saturday, May 2, 2009

May Day toys


happy may day (a day late)! I remember being in first grade making May Day baskets for the elderly in Argyle- does anyone else remember doing this??? We would make baskets out of green crates (the kind that strawberries come in, or at least used to come in) and then fill them with candies, and then our class would go for a walk dropping them off on the doorsteps of the senior living complex in town. Funny how certain things like that stand out in your mind -- 18 years later! I think next year I am going to make May Day baskets for my co-workers, neighbors, and family.


Bobby & I both went out and bought Mason presents yesterday. I bought him an exersaucer, so that he will have something to do while I am getting ready in the mornings, since his new thing is thinking he needs to get up with mom at 6:30 every morning. His dad bought him a Leap-frog singing frog (we have been listening to it all morning!). So which is his favorite?

well, after spending 2 hrs putting his exersaucer together, I put Masein it this AM, and what did he do? SCREAMED. hated it. he looked at his froggy for a long time (likes it better), but his favorite is actually a cat toy........ ugh. yes. a cat toy jefferson has never played with (although knowing my cat, I bet now he will just to spite mason). Mason loves it. it has a ball w/a bell on it in the middle and feathers on the ends. so he holds it like a rattle and then it makes noise and the feathers are soft on his face. Oh well, I guess it is an even trade bc Jeff's new favorite place to hide is... you guessed it... under Mason's exersaucer.

1 comment:

Kelsi Douglas said...

Amber, I definately remember those baskets...it's pretty much the only thing I think of when I think of "May Day". Ha, good memories of Argyle! Mason sure is a cutie!