Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Today's random tidbit: I learned on the Today show that Memorial day used to be called Decoration Day because that was the day that people would "decorate" the headstones of all of the fallen soldiers.

We didn't have daycare Friday, so Bobby & Mason had a "daddy-son" morning, and then I took the afternoon off work-- so it has been almost a 4-day weekend! wahoo! It is rainy and miserable (52 degrees) right now but that is OK, the darkness outside is helping Mason to sleep in! And of course, I was up at 7:30 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep...


Friday and Saturday night we stayed in a hotel in Fargo and got to spend time with Bobbys mom, his sister, and her boys Friday night. Her little boys are growing up so fast! Haden is going to be 3 in June and spent all night referring to everyone as "honey." "Come here Honey..... No, honey.... Over here honey...." we thought it was really cute - his parents thought otherwise as he's been doing this for quite awhile now :)


It was our first "mini-vacation" as a family - and we could tell! We forgot SOOO many things!!! I am surprised we rememebered Mason! We were kind of rushing to get everything packed, I think that is why. Oh well - live and learn I guess. I think I am going to make a list for our next trip away. I guess everyone was right when they said you never get your mind back after you are pregnant!!! (at least now I have an excuse...)

Saturday we went out to eat with Bobby's brother, sister and their families, and then we went to West Acres mall- Mason LOVED looking at the fish! Then we went to Johnnny Carino's to eat (Italian nachos! yum!!) and back to our hotel and watched home videos all night. Well, I shouldn't say all night because I fell asleep at 11!!
Mason turned FOUR months old on Saturday!! I can't believe how FAST the time has flown by... He is getting to be my big boy!!! :(

1 comment:

Meg said...

looks like you had a awesome weekend!!! and i love love love your digi pages... i need a lesson on how yo did that on a pc/ i have photshop and some digi stuff but can not figure out how to use it!!!
haev a great day!