Tuesday, December 9, 2008

ughh..

SO i need to vent out my frustration of the day. Actually, its not just today, it is something that has been bothering me for a LONG time and today must just be the 'straw that broke the camel's back.' i dont know if it is the pregnancy hormones or what it is but lately people have been getting on my nerves! I am getting so sick of people talking to me and saying things like "oh you can't spank your kids or they will get taken away or you will have CPS come to your door"

UGH!! It makes me SOOO mad because it is so completely untrue. Hello, this is what I do for a living so dont tell me about what I do (and PS, if you have also heard that social workers get "bonuses" based on the number of kids they take away, that too is untrue, trust me, I have yet to get any type of bonus at this job other than getting phone calls from law enforcement in the middle of the night). If people really want to know, all of what we do is based on the law, from what we go out on to what we do when we get there. If you are curious, you can look at: 626.556, 260C (all of it), 626.5561, 145.902, 609.221 to .2242, 609.342-.345, 617.24, 609.378. You can look it up youself if you want, or you can just believe me that no where in there does it say that spanking is against the law. What is against the law is if you spank your kid so hard you leave black and blue marks. Or some people "spank" their kids across the face and leave black and blue marks or worse. Basically what I am saying is that child protection workers have enough FAR more serious issues to deal with (ie: sexual abuse, child prostitution, children being taken to the ER due to being injured by their parents, infant mortalities, homelessness, etc) each and every day than to worry about if someone uses spanking to discipline their kid. Please.

I'm so glad no one but my friends read my blog --- I just needed to vent :)

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Do you feel better now?

Meg said...

i miss you amber! you are too funny!! you can vent anytime you need too..... i understand.
:)

amber b said...

haha-- i am such a freak. so i reread this today and i sound like i am crazy! sorry. and yes, i do feel better because now i read this and laugh!