Tuesday, May 31, 2011

company!!

We have some company this week.... Jefferson is back visiting us for the next week or two while his adoptive-parents got called up to go flood-fighting in Bismarck (along with Bobby). It is strange to hear his bell jingling around again! Mason is LOVING LOVING LOVING having him - he chased him around for two hours straight tonight. "Follow me kitty!" "come here kitty!" "kitty come play with me!" is all we heard!

Glad to have the extra company here while Bobby is gone- he too got called to go help with the flood fight in Bismarck - he was called at 10AM Saturday morning and by noon was at his office helping coordinate/plan/making travel arrangements, etc. and will be gone anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks. We are hoping it is closer to the 1-week estimate! But I remind myself that I am so lucky he isn't gone for a year at a time, and that certainly makes a week or two seem not so bad! I am so incredibly proud of him for taking this on!

One thing I learned back when Bobby went to help with the flooding in Fargo is that there is a LOT more to the process than simply shoveling sand into bags. Checking people/equipment in and out, paperwork, developing a work schedule (alternating shoveling/throwing/etc so people don't get too worn out each shift...), sleeping arrangements, food, the list goes on and on! Who knew?!?!

I am really hoping that this rainy weather ends very soon. It has been very depressing not to be able to spend anytime outside.

No comments: