Hurray, summer has finally arrived! We have been loving spending lots of time outside, running here and there... Bobby is gone to drill in Devil's Lake this weekend. He is the new platoon sergeant for the RTC -- it is a huge responsbility and honor that he got selected for that position.
We are so so so so INCREDIBLY proud of him!!!
Friday marked 34 weeks for Baby B - only 5 more until he arrives~ 34 days to go! YIKES. Checkup on Thursday went great - heartbeat was 150 - measuring right on. I can't believe he is going to be here in just over a month...we are still set for a c-section August 12th. Feels so strange that we already know his birthday 8-12-11. So excited to meet him-- what will he look like? what will his little quirks be? We have sooo much to do it seems like before he gets here.
Need to get his room ready for one! With Mason I think we had his room ready by Thanksgiving time -- we did get a toddler bed for Mason today - so that is the first step in getting him ready for his new room (since he is going to be the older brother, we figured it would only be fair for him to get the big room, and baby will have his room). would like to get it painted (just to freshen it up) before he 'moves in' but dont think that is going to happen!
We had a pretty mellow Fourth of July weekend last weekend. Lots of family time which I loved. Been trying to treasure every moment we have together while we are still a family of 3, which won't be too much longer! Saturday afternoon we had family over for grilling and Bobby's spectacular fireworks show! Some of our neighbors even came out to checkout the show :)
Monday we had planned on going to Maple Lake for the day but decided to stay closer to home. We spent the afternoon @ the pool - decided that we really need to go there more often! Mason loved it, and it was a perfect day for swimming! After, we went to eat at Space Aliens in Grand Forks and look @ some new pickups for Bobby. Came home and found out that in the 3 hours we were gone, we missed a hail storm -- golfball sized hail! Crazy.
Bobby picked me up the new (well probably not that new but I didnt have it yet!) Taylor Swift CD (what a honey!!) - came across this song - makes me tear up every time I hear it! My song for my Mason --
Your little hands wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
No, no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
No, no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up
No comments:
Post a Comment