Day 1 of Bobby being gone :(
Bobby left early this morning for NCOIC school down in Little Rock Arkansas. He has gone to these trainings before but for some reason it was so much harder to see him leave this time. But whenever I start feeling sorry for myself I just remind myself how lucky I am that he is gone for 2 weeks and not an entire year! To help pass the time I made a mental "to do" list of all kinds of projects I want to finish (yes-- in two weeks -- i know this is not realistic!). A lot of them I probably won't get done but for sure want to get our Christmas cards sent out!
Tonight my project was hooking up our new TV in the scrapbook room (soon to hopefully be family room if I can find some cheap furniture that fits!). Was also going to put up my new floating desk but instead I got side tracked because I just hooked up the internet on our Wii... and so I am trying to catch up on old private practice episodes! This might get to be dangerous... might have to add a wii keyboard to the wishlist! ...And look into a netflix subscription.
Today Mason and I went to see Santa Claus at the Community Center this morning - then went to Grand Forks for some Christmas shopping. Mason wasn't in the mood to shop, so it was a shopping trip cut very short! I only got 2 gifts picked out! Hurray for online shopping!
Lots to catch up on -- over Thanksgiving we flew down to see Bobby's brother and his family down in Oklahoma City, and Mason stayed at my parent's (we didn't know how he would do on the flight). My neice Paige has officially gotten me hooked on the Twilight books. Seriously. And I have a huge crush on Edward (sorry honey). We mostly spent time relaxing, eating, and of course watching football! It was so great to get to see them, I miss them all so much! I have a ton of pictures to post but don't think I will get them all posted tonight!
Thursday night we had my grandparents over for dinner so they could say goodbye to Bobby - they leave for Florida next week... Last night Bobby & I went to the hockey game for a little date night before he left. Our most wonderful daycare mom and friend Amanda even offered to watch Mason just so we could have some alone time before Bobby left (thanks again Amanda!!!!!) - we met up with our long-lost (!!!) friends from g-town! So great to catch up with you guys, we love you.
Tomorrow -- off to Argyle for the sr. class bbq with my parents/grandparents and also to celebrate Christmas with them. Next week: a lady is coming with countertop samples (new countertops are on my "to do" list too) on tuesday. Then Friday I have a girls-only Christmas party that I am impatiently waiting for, and Saturday Im having a group of girls over in the morning to bake Christmas cookies (and maybe have a few mimosas????) together! December is always the busiest month - which
No comments:
Post a Comment