Sunday, November 30, 2008

another BUSY weekend

I think I am starting to actually not like having long weekends.... they always go by twice as fast as a "normal" weekend because they are always so jam-packed with 'places to go and people to see'

Thursday (Thanksgiving): We went to my parents' house in Argyle (aka: A-town) and had dinner with my mom, dad, sister, and brother. My mom made us a huge delicious traditional turkey dinner. Yum! Yum!




Friday: I decided we are nuts. Bobby & I got up at 2:30AM so that we could leave our house by 3AM to do Friday after Thanksgiving shopping. The store at the air force base was giving out $20 gift cards to the first 100 people that came to stand in the cold, dark line. The base opens at 5AM so we wanted to get there early. What I dont even want to admit is that this is something Bobby & I have done every year since 2005! Oh, and did I mention that they have this $20 gift card thing for 3 days in a row? So for the past two years Bobby and I have gone Friday, Saturdy, and Sunday to get our free gift cards. Haha. If I figured it out, I think we get the equivelant of less than $5 per hour (each of course) for travel time and standing in line. Minus gas.
So anyways- this year we get to the base at 4:05AM, and come to find out, they opened at 4AM this year, not at 5! So we didnt even get our gift cards!!! We were so mad!!! We did end up getting most of our Christmas shopping done though, and got to spend the early morning together even if we were frustrated we missed out on our $40. So even though it's taken me 3 years to figure out, I guess being nuts isn't all that bad.
We also picked up Mason's crib and dresser Friday morning, and I spent all of Friday afternoon and evening putting them together. I love doing little "build-it" projects! Bobby carried everything up for me and offered to help, but I really wanted to do this myself. I did this while Bobby took our nephew Preston to his first Sioux hockey game. So now Mason's room is pretty much all set up--- now he just needs to get here! We counted yesterday I think we are under 70 days to go!





Saturday: Went to Fargo to Bobby's brother's house to celebrate Thanksgiving with their family and his sister's family. But first we went to a scrimmage at the WAO school because one of Bobby's recruits was playing. It has been so long since I had gone to a bb game, it made me really miss going! Tangie also made a huge delicous Thanksgiving dinner with the best mashed potatoes I have ever had! She told me the secret-- you put in a ton of sour cream and cream cheese. Very healthy. No wonder it tastes so good... After we left Tony & Tangie's house we went to Grand Forks to meet our friends Cory and Alicia before the hockey game and went to eat again! Then we went to the hockey game-- even though we have season tickets, it was the first home game I had been to since the season opener in early October!

So now today we have church at 10:30 and then my parents and brother and sister are coming over for dinner. We have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning, then I'm working late tomorrow night.... I just really want a day to sit around and have NOTHING to do!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

love all the fun pictures.. and the room looks great!!!
cant wait to meet little mason