Monday, January 23, 2012

2.0.1.2

A little preface...
I struggled for awhile trying to come up with a New Year's resolution for 2012... Before our trip to Vegas I was getting my hair done and my hairdresser shared that her resolution was to be more calm. Which is a perfect resolution for me. Incase you didn't know, I have a tendency to get overly anxious about things, be a little too cautious with Mason (worried I am making him scared of his shadow!!!) , and "freak out" at times when things don't go as planned. SO... my resolution this year is/has been to try to be more calm. I think it has been working! (Bobby might disagree with me a little bit on that, haha!). I find myself on the verge of getting worked up and stop myself to think of this. Like in the mornings when we are in a huge rush for all 4 of us to get out the door. Have you ever noticed that the more in a rush you are the slower everything goes? When we "take our time" it actually takes less time to get out the door.
Vegas:
Over the 6th weekend Bobby & I took a trip to Las Vegas for an extended-weekend getaway. Pictures can be found HERE. We had so much fun - but glad it was just a short trip as there is only so much a person can do there.

MLK Weekend

Bobby had drill the weekend of MLK so me & the boys got to spend some time together. It was so nice that all 4 of us got to stay home together on Monday though!
Scrapping:
This past weekend I went on a girls weekend scrapping! It was soo nice to get back into my paper scrapping after about a year off, where I had only been doing digital. There is just something about the hands-oness (new word) of doing it that way. Plus now I ordered $100+ worth of new stuff so I better stick with it for awhile! :) There were 15 of us - I got to meet some real fun girls who REALLY LOVE CATS (lol) {that is an inside joke}. But seriously, they were some wonderful ladies, it is always great to meet new people! A lot of them were starting Project Life - something I would love to do, but I just dont think this is a good year for it, with Chase having all of his "firsts." So rather than do that - I am going to TRY to put a blog post once a week, and then at the end of the year, I will have our blog published, ((now that I learned how to do that!)) and that will be my version of "Project Life."
While I was gone, Bobby was home with the boys... he is such an amazing father! Saturday he and Mason went to the Sioux vs. St. Cloud game, and stayed at my Grandpas. Sunday they met me in Motley and we got to all ride home together.

Mason = 3 years old!
Today Mason turned 3 years old! Cannot believe it, my little boy is growing up so fast. It was soo funny this morning, we went to wake him up and told him it was his birthday, and his first response was, "No it's not! Pretty soon it is, but it is not now!" That and "Mommy I will not be one anymore and I will not be two anymore, I am going to be TEE!!!" He brought cupcakes to daycare today and got to wear the birthday crown. Tonight we had his FAVORITE dinner (Sponge Bob Mac & Cheese with HOT DOGS) and then all 3 shared his cake for desert.
....now it is time to do some LAUNDRY and off to bed for this girl!

No comments: